The grandmother of little Samuel Jonson has launched a passionate plea to all Liberians including philanthropic and humanitarian individuals, organizations, political actors, and the government of Liberia to assist her struggling family to underwrite the operation cost of her ailing grandson .
Speaking in an exclusive telephone with this paper over the weekend, old-ma Mary Johnson, grandmother of ten-year-old Samuel Johnson, narrated that early December of 2022, her grandson mistakenly swallowed Bakayoko, popularly known as beads
According to Mary, the doctors at ELWA hospital had told her to take the child abroad for surgical medical operation to remove the beads from his system.
Also, she disclosed the doctors said that before she can take the child abroad, they should visit the JFK Medical Center to do full examination of the case to determine whether the country’s referral hospital can solve the problem.
‘’ We will be going to JFK to do the entire test again and if they are not seeing the beads, we will have to take him outside the country as they have instructed. But if JFK can do the operation as we are praying, they will give us the bill. But I am a single mother and so I need help because I don’t want my grandchild to die”, she said tearfully.
She added that since December 24, 2022, her grandson is not eating because his throat is closed.
Anyone wishing to help can contact her on mobile number (231) 0880040630.
Speaking further she indicated that when she came in Monrovia to do her test at JFK hospital, she received called from her last-born Daniel Johnson, telling her that since morning till evening Samuel is not eating and drinking because water and food is not passing in his throat.
According to her, when she asked what happened to him, they told her that Samuel said that he mistakenly swallowed beads that he left in his mouth when he went to bed.
‘’ I received call from my last-born David Johnson that my grandson Samuel Johnson was not eating and drinking. He told me that Sam said he swallow beans. I told them to bring him Monrovia to me. They did and we took him to ELWA hospital, and they did the x-ray and they saw the beans in his throat but they try getting it out but there was no way.
However, on Friday morning, they did the test again, but the doctors said that they did not see the beans there again but today they will check him again but, they will put the tub in him until they can remove the beans’’ she sadly noted.
Old-ma Johnson said that when they put the tub in her son, he started eating again and he was getting well but on December 24, 2023, he stopped eating and drinking because the throat closed again.
‘’From that time, my grandson is not eating. He can see the food and chew it but to swallow it now is the problem because there is no way. When he was doing well small, small he was eating through the tube, I gave him plastic to defecate in so that I can check for the beans, but I never saw anything when I check in his defecation’’ she accentuated.
Besides, she however explained that prior to this current sickness, four years ago, her grandchild drink caustic soda in her absence when she went Grand Bassa County but he was treated at ELWA hospital.
She said that the operation was done by a man identified as Dr. Freeman and the kid had tub in his stomach for approximately seven months but when he began to eat the Dr. told them to go back home and her son was doinmg well before the recent incident occurred.
Leave a Reply